“Daze World”, the Artist and Book from City to Canvas and Back


"'This is not an autobiography in the practical sense. I didn’t cover the day-to-day minutia of my childhood or formative teenage years all the way to the present. Rather, I have chosen to take the reader on a journey that covers some of the seminal moments in my life. Those moments shaped my art and allowed me to continue to evolve as an artist,' says graffiti/street/studio artist DAZE of the brand new collection of images and essays that make up 'Daze World,' the new hardcover from Schiffer. The trains of the 1970s are formative and foundational to the NYC story and Daze is happy to talk to you about his love affair with the cars, tracks, tunnels, yards. Also important to him is his gradual transition in the early and mid-1980s to canvas and galleries. It is a transition that may be insurmountable, or at least treacherous, for a graffiti writer. ..."
Brooklyn Street Art

No comments:

Post a Comment