​Keeping Scores: Women Writing Music

 
Sinéad Gleeson.

“In 2019 I met with Sinéad Gleeson ahead of her Edinburgh Book Festival appearance to interview her about music in Constellations, her book of essays on and of the body. ‘Music,’ she says in the book, ‘binds us together’. I felt strongly when reading it that it was in fact music that bound the book together. I was surprised when she told me that I was the first person to say this because the pages seep sound and vibrate with the pivotal music memories that we carry in our bodies, in how we map our lives. She told me then that she was working on a project that she couldn’t reveal but was sure I would love. That project was This Woman’s Work, a collection of essays on music, edited by Gleeson with Kim Gordon, written by and about women. She was right. ...”

 
Kim Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment