Oranges - Jordan Kisner

 
When I undertook this column, I had the notion that I would be writing about, I don’t know, heredity. Like: I went to a healing circle in south Brooklyn. After a few days of being asked to think about the particular ways we might need to be healed, as well as the particular ways we might offer healing to other people, we were taken into a small, dark room in groups of four or five and told to sit on stools and close our eyes. The two women leading the healing circle told us they would be drawing initiatory symbols in the air over our heads and invoking various energies on our behalf. They instructed us to keep our eyes closed and to anticipate that we might receive a vision of a spirit that would guide us in this healing journey. ...”
Jordan Kisner - Thin Places
Jordan Kisner’s “Thin Places: Essays From in Between” touches on religion and atheism, race, class, assimilation and cultural appropriation.

No comments:

Post a Comment