The Streets of New York - Phil Penman


West Side Highway, New York City, September 14, 2012
"If I was to say what I hope to achieve with my street photography, it would be to keep documenting the ever-changing streets of New York City in all its rat-infested, garbage-piled glory. Perhaps I’m fascinated by all the grime and grit this city has to offer because I grew up in the countryside in the United Kingdom with only the sound of cattle moving in the night. On my path to New York, I’ve done just about everything, working as a street-cleaner, garbage-hauler, milkman, paper delivery boy, Champagne waiter, nightclub barman, DJ, and real-estate broker. I was willing to learn everything and anything, so when I was offered a job as a photographer with a celebrity news agency in New York, I jumped at the opportunity. ..."
NYBooks
Interview: Dynamic Street Shots Document the Quirky Everyday Scenes of New York City
amazon

West Village, New York City, September 15, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment