Louis (Blues Boy) Jones


"Louis Prince Jones, Jr. (April 28, 1931 – June 27, 1984), credited as Louis Jones or Louis (Blues Boy) Jones, was an American R&B singer, songwriter and musician who recorded in the 1950s and 1960s. He was born in Galveston, Texas, the son of Rebecca Prince Jackson and Louis Jones, Sr. He began singing with his mother in their church choir, and learned to play piano and drums. After attending Central High School in Galveston, he served as a medic with the US Army during the Korean war under the name Louis Prince, and worked as a longshoreman and shipyard worker. In the early 1950s he moved to Houston to live with his brother, and soon began singing backing vocals on recordings produced by Don Robey at Peacock Records. ..."
Wikipedia
YouTube: I Cried, I'll Be Your Fool, Come On Home, That's Cuz I Love You, Rock n' Roll Bells, I believe to my soul, All over, goodbye

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Bill Davis. I am LaVern Jones Lemons, the oldest daughter of the late Louis Blues Boy Jones. Thank you for recognizing my father and sharing the information that I provided about his life to the public. There was very little info known about Dad as an Artist. Because of my tireless efforts, people worldwide now seek his music, legacy and story. Thank you kindly.

    ReplyDelete