Euro 2020 Simulation

"As of the writing of this blog post, there are over two million cases of coronavirus worldwide. Sports have been particularly affected, having all major seasons, events, and tournaments canceled. One of the most prominent of which is the rescheduling of the Euro. Obviously, these precautions were enacted with the safety of the athletes and their families in mind. However, personally, as a fan, I have deeply missed spectating these contests. As a result, I decided to simulate the tournament that was supposed to be played this summer. I simulated these matches using the FootySimulator. For each match, I simulated 99 games at a neutral venue. For elimination games, I played extra time and then penalty kicks, while just full time was used for group stage matches. The aggregate goal differential was recorded for the group stage in the event of a need for a tiebreaker. ..."  

Soccer Politics / The Politics of Football (April 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment