Surviving a Weekend with the Wizard of Prog Rock


"... And yet, when I saw that the legendary progressive rock band King Crimson, in its eighth incarnation, was on tour again, I was reminded that there was one night, nearly thirty years ago, when I did play an instrument, in a band, before an audience, capably. And we were great. As much as anyone, the man responsible was Robert Fripp, King Crimson’s cerebral, brilliant, exacting, intimidating lead guitarist. In the summer of 1985, a full decade after King Crimson’s original proggy heyday had ended, I was a struggling freelance writer. One day, I got a call from Glenn O’Brien, an editor at the music magazine Spin. I could not have been more surprised, since in those pre-voicemail days I must have left Glenn dozens of messages that were seldom returned. ..."
New Yorker
W - Frippertronics, W - Guitar Craft
YouTube: Robert Fripp's Guitar Craft - Careful With That Axe - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

2010 April: Robert Fripp, 2011 September: Frippertronics, 2014 April: The New World 1986 (Frippertronics), 2017 September: The Essential Fripp & Eno (1994), 2020 June: Music for Quiet Moments (2009) 2012 January: Loop, 2012 May: Tape loops, 2017 September: Terry Riley On Tape Loops

No comments:

Post a Comment