Harold Budd: Ambient drifting in London


"... An invitation to support the legendary American minimalist pianist Harold Budd in a forthcoming London show was a real joy this week. Described as an ‘ambient music master’ by the Guardian newspaper, I remember hearing his work for the first time as a teenager. The Pavilion of Dreams was released back in 1978 on Brian Eno’s exploratory record label, Obscure, bringing forth this warm, organic world, bridging the avant-garde and dream worlds. Looking over the credits now many years later I realise that it features the playing of several musical friends, Richard Bernas, Michael Nyman and Gavin Bryars. Nor would I ever have imagined my world connecting to these folks all those years ago, whilst I sat quietly in my bedroom listening to this exquisite music. ..."
Scanner (Video)
W - Harold Budd
The Sound-Painted World of Harold Budd
YouTube: The Pavilion Of Dreams (1978) FULL ALBUM

No comments:

Post a Comment