Reno and Smiley


Wikipedia - "Reno and Smiley were a musical duo composed of Don Reno and Red Smiley. They were one of the most acclaimed duos in country (now bluegrass) music of the 1950s and early 1960s. ... They met in 1950 while playing with Tommy Magness and the Tennessee Buddies. During this time period, they played frequently at different venues such as the El-Tenedore Skating Rink in southern Virginia. The first records that Don and Red made together were with Tommy Magness in 1951 for Federal Records, a subsidiary of King Records."
Wikipedia
W - Don Reno
W - Red Smiley
YouTube: Love Please Come Home, I'm Using My Bible For A Roadmap, 1957 Earliest Known Footage, There`s Another Baby Waiting For Me Down The Line, Down Yonder, I´m Talk Of The Town, I Know You're Married But I Love You Still, Some Beautiful Day, I Wouldn't Change You If I Could, Tell Me Why My Daddy Don't Come Home, Get behind me Satan

No comments:

Post a Comment