Israel’s Worst Day at War

"When I need the most accurate analysis about Israel, the first call I always make is to my longtime friend and reporting partner there, Nahum Barnea, a veteran Yediot newspaper columnist. When I called him on Saturday afternoon for his read on the Hamas attack on Israel, I was stunned by his first response: 'This is the worst day that I can remember in military terms in the history of Israel, including the blunder of the Yom Kippur war, which was terrible.' Nahum is a careful reporter who has covered every major event in Israel for the past half century, and when he explained his rationale, I realized it was an understatement. ..."

NY Times: Opinion | Thomas L. Friedman

Maxim Barkalifa stood on the roof of his neighbor’s house and surveys the damage to another neighbor’s house that was struck by a rocket fired from Gaza in Ashkelon, Israel, on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment