Jostijn Ligtvoet

 
“My father made a recording for his sonology study in 1973 for a mime festival called 'opposites'. It is a recording with the organ in the lead, long notes, dissonant. Very nice. I wanted to shape the composition by starting atonal, listening carefully to the recording, finding contradictions therein and playing with them. Chaos is very important in my work, so it is there too. It really feels like I was there at the time, understanding why he composed and recorded the music. In that regard, there is no boundary between that time and this one, even though it was 48 years ago. My father passed away 11 years ago, but this brings me closer to him than ever. It is also an ode to my mother, who passed away last December. Thanks to my mother, my father was able to channel all his wild ideas. Modules used: Morphagene + Maths + Erbe-Verb ... Cello ...”

No comments:

Post a Comment