Casting Out


The anchor rope at the bow of the Marilyn Jean IV.
"Growing up in Sheepshead Bay, I was fascinated by the small group of men who fished in the waters off the southern tip of Brooklyn. I would often see their boats docked at the piers and wondered what it was like out on the open water. I live in Clinton Hill now, but when I return to my old neighborhood, I still see those fishermen. So on a recent Saturday, I purchased a ticket to ride aboard the Marilyn Jean IV, a 70-foot boat that takes passengers out on twice-daily fishing trips in the Atlantic. We cast off from the bay and set out on the ocean. The din of the city fell away; Brooklyn turned into a mere speck on the horizon. These are the images of an afternoon aboard the boat. ..."
BKLYNR (August 15, 2013)
15 Things to Know About Sheepshead Bay
forgotten new york
W - Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment