Matt Weingarden - Dust & Grooves


"Matt Fine Wine, 44, lives in Brooklyn NY. He’s a magazine editor and a Funk & Soul DJ. collects mostly 45s. Q: What prompted you to start collecting? A: I grew up in Detroit and was listening to CKLW radio, a renowned, influential station just across the Detroit River in Windsor, Ontario, from about the time I was 5. The first record I bought was something I heard on CKLW and fell in love with: 'Ben' by Michael Jackson, from the rat movie of the same name. I was obsessed with it at age 8. Soon after that, I moved on from CKLW to the local great AM oldies station, WHND, 'Honey Radio.' I listened to that for years. The 45-buying floodgates were open."
MATT WIENGARDEN (MR. FINEWINE) - BROOKLYN, NY (Video)
NY Mag: Matt Weingarden
WFMU: Downtown Soulville with Mr. Fine Wine: Playlists and Archives (Video)
MixCloud: Jazzman Radio Feat. Matt ‘Mr Fine Wine’ Weingarden (Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment