Paul Blackburn and Das Rhinegold


"I had my first Rheingold at the Mars Bar in New York City a few years ago when I was doing a tour of some Old School bars. In the area around Houston, I walked into Milano’s, the 7B, and the Parkside Lounge. Then I walked up past Cooper Square, where Floating Bear was mimeographed for time, and spent the good part of an afternoon at McSorley’s. Like Ballantine Ale, Rheingold makes me think of 1950s/1960s New York City, particularly of landmarks like the Parkside Lounge. And the poet I most associate with that time and those places is not Frank O’Hara or Ted Berrigan, but Paul Blackburn."
MimeoMimeo

2008 August: Paul Blackburn, 2012 November: Yankee go home (PoemTalk #59), 2013 January: Cronopios and Famas - Julio Cortazar (Paul Blackburn).

No comments:

Post a Comment