The Clash - "Straight to Hell" / "Should I Stay or Should I Go"


Wikipedia - "... Like many songs by the Clash, the lyrics of 'Straight to Hell' decry injustice. The first verse refers to the shutting down of steel mills in Northern England and unemployment spanning generations, it also considers the alienation of non English speaking immigrants in British society. The second verse concerns the abandonment of children in Vietnam who were fathered by American soldiers during the Vietnam War. The third verse contrasts the American Dream as seen through the eyes of an Amerasian child with a dystopian vision of American reality. The final verse broadly considers the life of immigrants throughout the world. ..."
Wikipedia
W - Should I Stay or Should I Go
The Story of The Clash’s “Should I Stay or Should I Go” Spanish Lyrics (Video)
YouTube: "Straight to Hell", "Should I Stay or Should I Go" (Live)

No comments:

Post a Comment