Otis Rush, 1956-1958: His Cobra Recordings


"Otis Rush's debut recordings for the Cobra label are defining moments of Chicago blues. Seldom had a young Windy City artist recorded with this much harrowing emotion in both his singing and playing, simulataneously connecting with the best that Delta blues had to offer while plunging headlong into the electric future. These are the songs that continue to be the building blocks of his legend; 'All Your Love,' 'Double Trouble,' 'I Can't Quit You, Baby,' 'Groaning the Blues,' 'It Takes Time,' and 'Checking on My Baby' are all singular masterpieces. This single disc collection features all sixteen Cobra sides issued as singles plus the bonus of four alternate takes, all presented here with the best sound to date. These are milestone recordings in the history of the blues and an essential part of anyone's collection."
allmusic
W - "Double Trouble"
amazon
YouTube: Double Trouble, I`Cant Quit You Baby, All Your Love (I Miss Loving), Violent love, Jump Sister Bessie, Checking on my baby, Sit Down Baby, Love that woman, My Baby (She's a Good 'Un), If You Were Mine, Little Red Rooster

No comments:

Post a Comment