The Gleaners and I (2000) - Agnès Varda


Wikipedia - "The Gleaners and I (French: Les glaneurs et la glaneuse, 'The gleaners and the female gleaner') is a French documentary by Agnès Varda that features various kinds of gleaning. ... The film tracks a series of gleaners as they hunt for food, knicknacks, and personal connection. Varda travels French countryside and city to find and film not only field gleaners, but also urban gleaners and those connected to gleaners, including a wealthy restaurant owner whose ancestors were gleaners. The film spends time capturing the many aspects of gleaning and the many people who glean to survive."
Wikipedia
W - Gleaning
Senses of Cinema - Trash And Treasure: The Gleaners And I
On the Commons
Salon
Fandor: The Gleaners and I
YouTube: The Gleaners and I - trailer, The Gleaners and I - Official Trailer

August 2010: Agnès Varda
May 2011: The Beaches of Agnès
2011 December: Interview - Agnès Varda

No comments:

Post a Comment