A Trip to Charles Olson’s Gloucester


"... Except for that letter, for years I kept largely to myself and have had a limited correspondence. That has begun to change recently but for the most part I still remain wary of my idols despite all the wonderful insight they could bring. Charles Olson would have been an exception to that rule had I been fortunate enough to have been born a full two decades earlier. From all accounts, Olson was one of the great talkers of all time at home, in the library, looming over the lecture hall, sitting at the kitchen table, or holding forth in the barroom."
Reality Studio
Poetry Foundation: I, Maximus of Gloucester, to You
Poetry Foundation: Maximus to Gloucester, Letter 27 [withheld]
The Battle of Gloucester: Vincent Ferrini Meets Charles Olson

2009 January: Charles Olson
2009 April: Rockport Harbor
2010 March: Charles Olson: August 1963
2010 September: Charles Olson: The Art of Poetry No. 12
2010 December: "In Cold Hell, in Thicket", NET film
2011 January: Woodberry Poetry Room Oral History Initiative
2011 July: Charles Olson: February 21, 1957
2011 October: Photograph Database

No comments:

Post a Comment