Recycled Funk Episode 13 (Blend Special)


"For as long as I’ve been a DJ, I’ve incorporated the blend, aka live remix into my sets as often as possible. It has become a lost & forgotten aspect of most DJ sets. The art of mixing, like really mixing and putting your personal touch on a set of music. What is a blend exactly. Well, if you’re an oldschool DJ like myself then the label “blend” is synonymous with a) extended/long mixes of 2 songs, or b) mixing an acapella of 1 song with a beat/instrumental of another. In this instance I am showcasing the acapella blend. For the record, I do not, never have used the sync feature to execute a blend mix, or any mix for that matter, and there is no overdubbing involved here, except for my vocals/ID tags. One continuous mix from start to finish. This mix showcases primarily Hip-Hop vocals, with a couple of R&B acapella’s included. I hope you enjoy this Recycled Funk vibe!"
Brooklyn Radio (Audio)

No comments:

Post a Comment