I'm New Here - Gil Scott-Heron (2010)


Wikipedia - "I'm New Here is the 13th and final studio album by American recording artist Gil Scott-Heron, released on February 8, 2010, by XL Recordings. It is his first release of original material in 16 years, following a period of personal and legal troubles with drug addiction. The record was produced by XL owner Richard Russell, who said his production was influenced by the 2009 self-titled debut album of English band the xx. I'm New Here is a post-industrial blues album, with spoken word folk songs and trip hop interludes. ... I'm New Here is a departure from the rhythmic, jazz-funk and soul style of Scott-Heron's previous work, and embraces an acoustic and electronic minimal sound. Musically, I'm New Here incorporates blues, folk, trip hop, and electronica styles. Music writer Patrick Taylor notes of the album's style, 'It's the ragged, warts-and-all approach of the blues versus the more refined jazz soul style he favored in the seventies'. It also contains some musical elements of dubstep, electro, and ambient music. ..."
Wikipedia
allmusic
Genius (Audio)
amazon
YouTube: 'I'm New Here' (Live)
YouTube: Gill Scott-Heron - I'M NEW HERE 15 videos

2017 January: Pieces of a Man (1971), 2017 April: Winter in America - Gil Scott-Heron / Brian Jackson (1974)

No comments:

Post a Comment