The Playa Provides: A Journey of Starting Over at Burning Man


"I arrived at Burning Man with a suitcase of costumes and a backpack stuffed with my whole life. I had just left New York for good, and for the next 8 days, the desert was my new home. With tens of thousands of feathered & leathered creatures strutting and fire-spewing art cars crawling, The Playa, the dry lake basin that holds the annual festival, was a maze of disorient and fantasy. The temptation to lose myself to the desert nights, to become a dot in the LED glitterscape, was strong. But this wasn’t my first rave, and I was here for so much more than just the party. I was on the mend and I was on my own for the first time. I was here to reclaim my life on my terms. I just happened to be doing it one of the world’s most legendary gatherings. I had a lot to learn. The day I left Brooklyn was the day I started over. I woke up in a hungover daze; the night before was my 'goodbye, forever' party, which involved too many drinks to count followed by 3 a.m. tacos, a late night cry precluding a fitful sleep. ..."
The Medium
indiegogo (vimeo) 2:29
YouTube: Burning Man: A Journey Through The Playa 27:55
YouTube: Deep Tunes for Deep Playa (Vol 6) 1:29:29

amazing Burning Man in photography

2007 November: Burning Man, 2009 August: Burning Man - 1, 2013 January: Timelapse-icus Maximus 2012 "A Burning Man for Ants", 2016 October: A Brief History of Who Ruined Burning Man

No comments:

Post a Comment