"I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)" - James Brown (1967)


Wikipedia - "'I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)', also known as 'I Can't Stand It', is a song written and recorded by James Brown in 1967. It is the most successful of the handful of recordings he made with The Dapps, a band of white musicians led by Beau Dollar. The single release of the song, on which its tempo was mechanically sped up, rose to #4 on the Billboard R&B chart and #28 on the Pop chart. The single's B-side, 'There Was a Time', also charted. 'I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)' was included on the 1968 album I Can't Stand Myself When You Touch Me, where it was labeled 'Pt. 1'. A 'Pt. 2', which appeared later in the album, never received a single release. ...  James Chance and the Contortions covered the song on the 1978 No Wave compilation album No New York. ..."
Wikipedia
YouTube: I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me) (Parts 1&2), James Chance & the Contortions - I Can't Stand Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment