The Individuals


"Hoboken in the early 80s as recalled through the mist by Glenn Morrow. What success the Individuals had I attribute to being the first young musician to walk through the door of a brand new club in Hoboken New Jersey in the summer of 1977. I was surprised that a corner bar near my apartment wanted to have live original rock music. Hoboken was a ghost town in those days, plagued by arson, crime and poverty, as was New York City. So called 'urban blight' was in full effect before the age of gentrification. I had moved there to be near NYU where I was finishing college, renting six rooms for $65 a month on the top floor of a railroad apartment building. The shot and beer joint called Maxwell’s originally catered to the factory workers at the Maxwell Coffee plant that was directly across the street from where I lived. ..."
Bar/None Records
The Individuals - Aquamarine E.P. (1981)
The Individuals - Fields/Aquamarine
amazon: Fields & Aqua Marine, iTunes, Spotify
YouTube: Walk By Your House (live at Hurrahs)
YouTube: Dancing With My Eighty Wives, My three sons revolve around the earth, Can't Get Started, Jackie Said, "So"

No comments:

Post a Comment