Bill Berkson with Jarrett Earnest


Alex Katz, “Shining Leaves” (1969)
"I met the legendary poet and critic Bill Berkson as a bratty 19-year-old art student in his final class at the San Francisco Art Institute, where he is professor emeritus after teaching writing and art history for 25 years. Around that time I interviewed him about taste for a zine I made with my then boyfriend—one of the first in a format that has become a major part in my intellectual life. Shortly after, the artist Isabelle Sorrell and I began to compile a book as an homage to him. All these years later, the new volume For Bill, ANYTHING: Images and Text for Bill Berkson has just been published by Pressed Wafer, bringing together new and archival writing and art works by 75 contributors, covering aspects of Berkson’s work and life, including collaborations with friends like Joe Brainard, Philip Guston, Jim Carroll, and many others. ..."
Brooklyn Rail
W - Bill Berkson
PBS: Be like poet Bill Berkson and start kissing anyone you can find (Video)
Poetry Foundation
amazon: Bill Berkson

No comments:

Post a Comment