Basketball’s Obtuse Triangle


"The sacred text arrived at dusk on a Thursday in November. I opened the package and found a 216-page, red hardbound book with worn buckram corners that brought to mind something used to teach high school geometry 50 years ago. The previous owner had inscribed his name on the flyleaf and made sufficient notations in the margins throughout that I recalled a story about an old N.B.A. player whose teammate asked him why he underlined every sentence in the books he took on road trips. 'That’s so I know I’ve read them,' he said. The University of Kansas’ union bookstore had stamped the book 'USED' and then penciled in a secondhand price, $5.50. Yet my Amazon third-party seller had charged me more than $160. ..."
NY Times
NY Times: Three Sides to This Story (Oct. 27, 2014)
W - Tex Winter
Tex Winter and the pursuit of perfection (Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment