Frank Gossner – Brooklyn, NY


"I have the great pleasure to feature Frank Gossner, who some of you might also known from his amazing African Funk parties in Brooklyn. yes, I’m talking about Voodoo Funk! Frank was one of the first guys in NY to help me start this ongoing photo project. He introduced me to the right people and motivated me to do this documentary project about record collectors. It’s been 2 years now since our first meeting, and this time I’m honored and excited to give you a small glimpse into this man’s incredible collection which literally took a lot of blood, sweat & tears to accomplish. Frank has been digging for dusty and forgotten records throughout West Africa armed with endless dedication and desire to find that special sound and beat. His stories could fill a whole blog for themselves, and there is no way I could even touch the tip of his wild adventures on this magical continent."
Dust and Grooves

No comments:

Post a Comment