NEIL YOUNG Part 1 – Thoughts On An Artist / Three Compilations


"I don’t remember hearing Neil Young’s music much when I was growing up, although I was probably aware of some of his most popular songs like 'Southern Man' and 'Heart of Gold.' It wasn’t until I was 12 or 13 and began listening to rock radio stations (as opposed Neil Young Photo (circa 1968)to Top 40) that I started hearing his music more frequently. In 1979 you couldn’t go 30 minutes without hearing one of his new twin acoustic & electric songs, 'My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)' or 'Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black).' Even though I enjoyed them, it would be years until I owned any of his albums, remaining content to hear his songs occasionally on the radio. For some reason he’s never come close to being one of my favorite artists, yet I’ve liked him enough to accumulate 45 of his albums."
KamerTunesBlog (Video)

2008 February: Neil Young, 2010 April: Neil Young - 1, 2010 April: Neil Young - 2, 2010 May: Neil Young - 3, 2010 October: Neil Young's Sound, 2012 January: Long May You Run: The Illustrated History, 2012 June: Like A Hurricane, 2012 July: Greendale.

No comments:

Post a Comment